|30 Minutes To 1 Hour
How It Works
Caverta 100 mg contains the ingredient Sildenafil Citrate that works by increasing the blood flow to the penis. It relaxes the muscles present in the walls of the blood vessels and increases the blood flow throughout the body. For an erection to occur, the penis needs to be filled with blood. This happens as a result of the production of a molecule known as cGMP. cGMP is responsible for the contraction and dilation of blood vessels. An enzyme known as PDE 5 (Phosphodiesterase Type 5) destroys cGMP and does not let erection occur. Caverta 100 mg blocks the action of PDE 5 and enables the production of cGMP. This allows the blood to flow to the penis easily. As more and more blood flows to the penis, a pressure is created. Thus, an erection is achieved.
Caverta 100 mg is prescribed for the treatment of the following disorders:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – an inability to achieve or sustain an erection during sexual intercourse.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) – a condition that causes high blood pressure in the arteries connecting the heart and the lungs.
Caverta 100 mg tablet is recommended to be taken once in 24 hours. You should not consume more than one tablet in 24 hours or you may experience severe side-effects of the drug. For best results, consume the pill on an empty stomach with water. This helps the drug to dissolve into the bloodstream faster. Take this pill exactly one hour before sexual intercourse. The effects of this medicine last for 4-5 hours. These may vary depending upon various factors such as age, metabolism, lifestyles, health conditions, etc.
Missed Dosage: This medicine is taken as and when required. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are very less. However, if you take this medicine for the treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), take the missed dose as soon as possible. If it’s time for your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose, and take your scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose or an overdose to make up for the missed dose.
Overdose: In case of an overdose, serious side-effects can occur. If an overdose is suspected, contact your doctor immediately.
Before you take Caverta 100 mg, tell your doctor:
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate or any other medications.
- If you take nitrates for chest pain.
- If you have a history of stroke, heart attack, or congestive heart failure.
- If you suffer from problems such as diabetes, hypertension, angina, etc.
- If you suffer from blood cell problems such as sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia.
- If you have a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia.
- If you have a physical deformity of the penis or Peyronie’s.
- If you have a rare inherited eye disease such as retinitis pigmentosa.
- If you have uncontrolled blood pressure.
- If you suffer from kidney or liver problems.
Common side-effects of Caverta 100 mg include:
- Upset stomach
- Nasal congestion
- Back pain or muscle pain
- Chest pain
- Sensitivity to light
- Painful urination
- Burning or tingling in the arms and feet
In some rare cases, side-effects such as a prolonged erection of more than 4 hours (known as Priapism) and sudden vision loss in one or both eyes (known as NAION) can occur. If you experience symptoms such as a painful erection that won’t go away or blurred vision, contact your doctor immediately.
Certain drugs are known to interact with Caverta 100 mg and affect the way it works. If you take any herbal, OTC, recreational, or any other type of drugs, let your doctor know about them.
- Alpha-blockers such as alfuzosin and terazosin
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin and erythromycin
- Blood thinners such as warfarin
- Oral antifungals such as itraconazole and ketoconazole
- Medicines for seizures such as carbamazepine
- Beta-blockers such as atenolol
- HIV Protease inhibitors such as atazanavir and ritonavir
- ACE Inhibitors
- Barbiturates such as butalbital
- Imatinib Mesylate
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol can increase the chances of experiencing side-effects. Avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine.
Caverta 100 mg tablets should be stored properly and safely in their original packaging.
- Keep the pills away from direct heat, moisture, and sunlight.
- Keep the pills out of reach of children.
- Once the pack is opened, store the pills in an airtight container.
- Do not consume the pills past their expiration date.