|Starts In||30 Minutes To 1 Hour|
|Last Long||5 Hours|
How Levitra 40mg Works
It is a PDE 5 inhibitor that relaxes the muscles present in the walls of the blood vessels and increases the blood flow to the penis. An enzyme known as PDE 5 causes a constriction in the arteries and does not let blood flow properly. For an erection to occur, the production of cGMP is necessary. cGMP is responsible for carrying blood from and to the penis. PDE 5 destroys cGMP and does not let erection occur properly. Levitra 40 mg blocks the action of PDE 5 and enables the production of cGMP. This allows the blood to flow easily to the penis. A pressure is created in the penis that leads to an erection.
Uses of Levitra 40mg
It is used for the treatment of the following problems:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – a condition that causes an inability to achieve or maintain an erection while having sexual intercourse.
Levitra dosage 40 mg
Levitra 40 mg is recommended to be taken orally with water. The dose is recommended by the doctors only after proper diagnosis and understanding of the health conditions. A single pill is advised to be taken in 24 hours. You should not consume more than one pill in 24 hours. The effects of this pill last for a period of 5 hours. The effects may vary depending upon factors such as age, metabolism, health conditions, etc.
Missed Dosage: An on-demand dosing schedule is generally followed. This means that the medicine is taken as and when required. Therefore, you are less likely to miss a dose.
Overdose: In case of an overdose, serious side-effects can occur. An overdose of the drug should be strictly avoided at all costs. If such a case arises, seek medical attention immediately.
Before you take Levitra 40 mg, tell your doctor:
- If you are allergic to Vardenafil or certain medications.
- If you suffer from diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, angina, etc.
- If you take nitrates for chest pain.
- If you have a history of stroke, heart attack, or congestive heart failure.
- If you suffer from seizures.
- If you have a physical deformity of the penis or Peyronie’s.
- If you have a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia.
- If you have stomach ulcers.
- If you suffer from blood sickle anemia, leukemia, or multiple myeloma.
- If you have vision or hearing problems.
Side Effects of Levitra 40 mg
Some common side-effects include:
- Stuffy Nose
- Blurred vision
- Back Pain
- Chest Pain
- Hearing loss
In some rare cases, side-effects such as a persistent erection of more than 4 hours and sudden vision loss in one or both eyes can occur. If problems persist for long, contact your doctor immediately.
If you take any herbal, OTC, recreational, or any other drugs to treat your illnesses or for any other purposes, let your doctor know about them. These drugs can affect the way this medication works.
- Alpha-blockers such as alfuzosin, doxazosin, and terazosin
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin
- Antifungal medications such as ketoconazole
- Beta-blockers such as atenolol
- HIV Protease inhibitors such as indinavir, ritonavir, and saquinavir
- Other medicines for ED
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol is known to deteriorate your health and cause major side-effects. Avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine.
- Retain the medication in its original packaging.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
- Do not use the medicine past its expiration date.