|Active Ingredient||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Starts In||30 Minutes To 1 Hour|
|Lasts Long||4 Hours|
How does Kamagra 100 mg work?
The active ingredient of Kamagra is Sildenafil Citrate that is a PDE5 (phosphodiesterase type 5) inhibitor. Erectile dysfunction happens because of constricted arteries/ blood vessels that restrict the blood flow in the penis. Sildenafil Citrate inhibits the PDE5 responsible for this constriction while at the same time it increases nitric oxide (NO) release resulting in dilation of the blood vessels in the corpus cavernosum. It does so by protecting cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate) from breakdown. cGMP makes the contraction-dilation of blood vessels possible. The constant contraction and dilation of the muscle cells lining the blood vessels increases the blood pressure in the penis and hence helps get a hard erection.
Uses of Kamagra 100 mg
It is used for the treatment of the following conditions-
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED or impotence)- it is the inability to either gain or maintain an erection hard enough to have sex.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)- a rare disorder that affects the arteries of the lungs by increasing the blood pressure in them.
The recommended dosage is one Kamagra 100 mg tablet per day. Do not consume more than one tablet within 24 hours. This medicine works best when taken on an empty stomach one hour before copulation/ sex. It generally starts working within an hour of intake. But it might take more or less time depending on the person’s age, metabolism rate, and other medical conditions.
What happens if I miss a dose?
For erectile dysfunction, it has to be taken when needed so a person is unlikely to miss a dose. However, if you have been prescribed this medicine for the treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, then take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Make sure to skip the next dose if it’s due within the next 24 hours. Never take a double dose.
What happens if I take an overdose?
In case of an overdose, immediately contact your doctor or a health-care emergency number because it may lead to some serious side-effects.
Kamagra 150 mg may not be suitable for you if you suffer from any medical condition. Before you take this medicine, let your doctor know:
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate or any other medications.
- If you have had strokes or congestive heart failure in the past.
- If you have blood cell-related diseases like leukemia, sickle-cell anemia, etc.
- If you suffer from a seizure disorder or epilepsy.
- If you have a physically deformed penis or you suffer from Peyronie’s.
- If you have problems related to kidneys and lungs.
- If you’re taking nitrates to relieve chest pain.
- If you consume large quantities of alcoholic beverages or have a history of any other drug abuse.
- If you have abnormal blood pressure.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have ischemic or coronary heart disease.
Discuss your medical history in detail with the doctor.
Side effects of Kamagra 100 mg
Like all other medicines, Kamagra 100 mg also has certain side-effects. But most of them are largely temporary and will cease after some time. Following is a list of some common side-effects.
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Dry mouth
- Nose bleed
Some rare but more serious side-effects may include:
- Priapism i.e., an erection that lasts for more than four hours and is painful.
- Trouble breathing
- NAION (a sudden loss or decrease in eye-vision)
- Heart palpitations or irregular heartbeats
- Chest pain
This isn’t an exhaustive list of side-effects so please pay attention to other problems you face and let your doctor know.
If you take any prescription or non-prescription medications, vitamins, or herbal supplements, let your doctor know about them. Certain medications can interact with Kamagra 150 mg and affect the way it works.
- Any other medication for erectile dysfunction
- Other products containing nitrates
- Alpha-blockers like, doxazosin and alfuzosin
- Carbamazepine or other medicines prescribed for seizures
- Oral antifungal medicines like ketoconazole
- Anticoagulants like warfarin
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection
- Medicines for treating prostrate problems of high blood pressure problem
This isn’t a complete list of potential drug interactions. Discuss possible drug interactions with your doctor before starting this medicine.
Interaction with Alcohol
The risk of more severe side-effects is enhanced due to alcohol consumption. Avoid taking alcohol immediately before or after taking Kamagra 100 mg as it may cause a sudden dip in your blood pressure and make you dizzy.
Interaction with Grapefruit Juice
Eating grapes or consuming grapefruit juice along with Kamagra 100 mg may prolong the effective time taken to give an erection by increasing its level in the body.
You can store the tablets in the packaging it originally came in with the lid closed tight.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- It should be stored under room temperature, away from direct sunlight, excessive heat, and moisture.
- If the pack has expired, do not consume the pills.
- Safe disposal is necessary to keep your pets safe but does not flush the empty packaging in the toilet, rather gather information about the take-back program by contacting the pharmacist or local recycling department.