What is Poxet 60 mg tablet?
Poxet 60 mg is an oral medication prescribed for the treatment of Premature Ejaculation (PE) in men. It contains the ingredient Dapoxetine that works by increasing the activity of serotonin in the brain, thereby increasing the ejaculation time by 5-7 minutes.
How Poxet 60 mg Works
Poxet 60 mg works by increasing the activity of serotonin in the nervous system. It is a short-acting, Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) that blocks the reabsorption of Serotonin into neurons. This makes it possible for Serotonin to be made available to the brain. Thus, the transmission of messages between neurons is improved. This increases the time of ejaculation by 5-7 minutes. This allows the person to have a satisfying sexual session with his partner.
Uses of Poxet 60
It is prescribed for the treatment of the following problems:
- Premature Ejaculation (PE) – a condition that makes a man lose control over his ejaculation making him ejaculate sooner than he or his would partner would expect him to during sexual intercourse.
Dosage of Poxet 60mg
Poxet 60 mg tablet is recommended to be taken once in 24 hours. You should not consume more than one tablet in 24 hours or you may face serious side-effects of the drug. You can consume this pill with or without food. For best results, take this pill 1-2 hours before sexual intercourse. Follow your doctor’s prescription carefully to achieve the desired results.
Missed Dosage: An on-demand dosing schedule is generally followed. This means that this medicine is taken as and when needed. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are very low.
Overdose: An overdose of the drug can lead to various side-effects. If you experience any harmful effects of the drug, contact your doctor immediately.
Before you take Poxet 60 mg tablet, tell your doctor:
- If you have a history of fainting.
- If you are allergic to Dapoxetine or any other medications.
- If you have a history of heart attack, stroke, or heart failure.
- If you suffer from diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, angina, etc.
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you suffer from epilepsy or seizures.
- If you suffer from anxiety and depression.
- If you have a history of uncontrolled blood pressure.
- If you have a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia.
Side Effects of Poxet 60 mg
Common side-effects of Poxet 60 mg include:
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
- Increased blood pressure
- Excessive sweating
- Blurred vision
Poxet 60 mg Interactions with Other Drugs
Certain drugs are known to interact with Poxet 60 mg and affect the way it works. If you take any herbal, OTC, recreational, or any other drugs to treat your existing illnesses or for any other purposes, let your doctor know about them.
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin and erythromycin
- Antifungals such as ketoconazole
- Antidepressants such as fluoxetine and paroxetine
- Monoamine Oxidase inhibitors such as phenelzine
- Blood thinners such as warfarin
- HIV Protease inhibitors such as ritonavir
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol can increase the chances of experiencing side-effects. Avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine.
Poxet 60 mg tablets are meant to be stored properly and safely in their original packaging.
- Keep the pills out of reach of children.
- Keep the pills away from direct heat, moisture, and sunlight.
- Once the pack is opened, store the pill in an airtight container.
- Do not consume the pills past their expiration date.