|30 Minutes To 1 Hour
How does Tadacip 20 mg work?
Tadacip 20mg contains the ingredient Tadalafil that belongs to the class of drugs known as PDE 5 inhibitors. PDE 5 or Phosphodiesterase Type 5 is an enzyme that doesn’t let blood flow properly and makes a man unable to achieve or sustain an erection. Tadalafil present in Tadacip blocks the action of PDE 5 and lets blood flow properly.
When a person is sexually stimulated, a chemical known as nitric oxide (NO) is released into the penis. This chemical is vital for the production of cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate). cGMP is responsible for the contraction and dilation of blood vessels. As cGMP is produced, blood flows easily to the penis. And as more and more blood flows to the penis, the pressure is created. This leads to an erection.
Uses of Tadacip 20mg
This medicine is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – an inability to achieve or maintain an erection satisfactory enough for sexual intercourse.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) – urination difficulty that occurs due to the enlargement of the prostate.
Dosage of Tadacip 20mg
The recommended dose of Tadacip 20 is one tablet per day. Do not consume more than one tablet in 24 hours. This pill can be taken with or without food as food doesn’t hinder the onset of this medication. Take it exactly one hour before sexual activity. This medicine isn’t recommended for continuous daily use. Take it as prescribed by the doctor.
Missed Dosage: This medicine is taken as and when needed. Therefore, you’re less likely to miss a dose. However, if you’re taking it for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, take the missed dose as soon as possible. If it’s time for your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose, and take your regular dose. Do not take double doses to make up for the missed dose.
Overdose: An overdose of the drug can lead to serious side-effects. If an overdose is suspected, seek medical attention immediately.
Tadacip 20 mg may not be suitable for you if you suffer from any medical condition. Before you take this medicine, let your doctor know:
- If you are allergic to Tadalafil, Sildenafil, Vardenafil, or any other medications.
- If you have a medical history of stroke, heart attack, congestive heart failure, etc.
- If you have Peyronie’s or any physical deformity of the penis.
- If you suffer from a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia.
- If you take nitrates for chest pain.
- If you suffer from diabetes, hypertension, high blood cholesterol, etc.
- If you have a rare inherited eye condition such as retinitis pigmentosa.
- If you have blood cell problems such as sickle cell anemia.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you suffer from kidney or liver disorders.
Discuss your medical history in detail with the doctor.
Side-effects of Tadacip 20mg
As with any other medication, there are certain side-effects that can occur while taking Tadacip 20 mg tablets. These include:
- Decrease/loss of vision
- Difficulty breathing
- Priapism (a prolonged and painful erection lasting for more than 4 hours)
- Peeling and blistering of the skin
If you take any prescription or non-prescription medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements, let your doctor know about them. Certain medications may interact with Tadacip 20 and affect the way it works.
- HIV Protease inhibitors such as indinavir and ritonavir
- Antifungals such as itraconazole and ketoconazole
- Medications for seizures such as carbamazepine
The above list of medications shouldn’t be seen as a guide for drug interactions. Discuss potential drug interactions with your doctor.
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol can increase the risk of experiencing side-effects such as dizziness. It can lower your blood pressure and deteriorate your health.
Interaction with grapefruit juice
Eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice along with Tadacip may increase the levels of the medication in the blood. This increases the risk of side-effects.
Storage Instructions of Tadacip
Tadacip 20 mg tablets should be stored properly and safely in their original packaging.
- Keep the tablets away from moisture, heat, and sunlight.
- Keep the tablets away from the reach of children and pets.
- Keep the pills in a cool and dry place.
- Do not consume the pills past their expiration date.